The Gifts..

Lesson: That thing you were desperately trying to avoid may in fact happen... It's what u do then that matters...

If you have not put as much thought into what I will do when it happens, as what if it happens there will b a problem. Sure you cannot plan every detail of your life but you can certainly entertain rehab about as much as you entertain going crazy.

The thing is we already experience the emotions tied to thoughts when we think them most often, more prominent are negative topics. If we could reprogram ourselves to think and experience the feelings of well being we will feel when we entertain thoughts of regaining control, and putting a clean up plan into action. I know its easier said then done, I mean just think of how much work it takes to actively avoid feeling bad as opposed to giving in.... Or how quickly a mood can be shifted from great to not so great. It's literally mind over matter. With that said this will take work, but in the realm of getting to happy...you will certainly benefit.

Reprogramming yourself is essential and only you can do it. Sure you can read up on it, get advice and help... But the mental work and ultimately the foot work is all yours.

My issue has always been this BIG job ahead of me called my life... All the experiences, issues, tasks, responsibilities.... You know. When I think of it like that its more like a job. So, the first thing I've learned is to see it different. How do you handle something delicate? Something you have been given by someone who cares very deeply for you?

The answer to both is with care and concern... Whether its something said to you or an object given theres is first appreciation..then care in where you place it. The same is with my life.. Today I make the effort to take care of the things...people... Feelings..all of it. Because its not one big job compare it to..say, a big gift box, with a lot of things in it. I appreciate the overall gift and gesture (from God who gave it) and that appreciation allows me to put each item in a safe place, on a high shelf away from harm, keeping them clean and in tact, so when the person who gave them sees them again they are pleased... And won't mind giving to me again....

The issues are what they are and will certainly come, but the focus is what changes, the thoughts that become actions are different. Gratitude has to be number one for me or I easily entertain quitting, complaining, oh and I'm excellent at throwing tantrums. But in all this I find that the center of my attention has to shift from tantrum, sulking, and needing my WHY answered before I begin the work, to maybe a shorter version of that and ultimately a solid proactive approach in which I'm feeling the feelings of happiness, well being, and PEACE with even just the hope of positive change. That's what will determine the outcome I experience.

I want the same thing for you.

Comments

Popular Posts